Sun Peaks?

tomtom

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good ski in ski out. Nice folks. Fairly big area with long runs and strong terrain. They have lots of good snow right now. It stays fairly cold there. Indoor/outdoor swimming. Mini snow mobiles for the kids. Never too crowded. Going there with a couple families in February thumbs_up.gif

Coming from Colorado, the lift tickets are way discounted to begin with.

"strong terrain" might be going a bit far... i like sun peaks, i've been there twice with my sister's family (2 kids under 10) and it's great for that... but it's really a cruising mountain. a quick look at their website claims 33% black diamond runs, but a lot of those are pretty blue-ish if memory serves. on the plus side, it's a really easy place to go - it's cheap, you can park once and never move your car, it's quiet at night because there's not much traffic...

my biggest sense-impression of the place is FLAT. heck, one of sun peaks' claims to fame is a 5-mile long easy blue run. i don't think i made a single turn, but it was great for playing tag with my 7 year-old neice.

I follow the snow fall everyday, right now Big White is where its at!!!!!!!

every day it seems new snow, from 7- 20 cm. and its always around -3 to -9

Silverstar is next then Sun Peaks as far as snow goes right now.

All the other mountains are not happening. Kicking Horse is not even open

Big White has a 170 cm base, Hemlock 18, cypress 50 whistler is at 118. Fernie might be good, have never been there though.

Sorry I cant give you my discount lift tickets. May want to try one of those entertainment books ?

J

Weakest mountain for terrain in the Okanagan - pretty dull if you're an expert, mostly a family cruising hill.

Apex is the best in the Okanagan for challange, but also gets the least snow (which only adds to the challange!)

Not sure how Apex is doing on snow this year...you need at least 120cm for Apex to be good.