Tire Chains

JayB

IMO - locker is great, when there's some traction, but otherwise it just means all 4 wheels are spinning at the same rate... I've been there, more than once.

4 wheel locker, and 4 wheels worth of chains, that's a different story. Heh, we were driving up the snowmobile track. hahaha.gif

I always went with chains on the front, up or down hill, when we had the Ranger. Pull you up the hill, engine weight gives you traction. Down is a bit dicier, but the best bet is just to really creep down anything that's sketchy. If you need to you can then juice the gas a tiny bit to get some steering back. Always worked for us. I'd rather be able to steer away from the precipice than go slowly over it, forwards...

Oh yeah, we had 4 studded tires as well. Saves a heck of a lot of crawling around in the mud time.

Now we just have a subie - no chains needed. smirk.gifsmile.gif Tempted to get studs for it next winter.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic