Recommended Trad Climbs on Middle East Wall

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We never made it to Middle East Wall, but went to Sunshine Wall and Millennium Wall instead. Climbed Crossing the Threshold, Air Guitar, Steel Grill and Pony Keg, and several other sport climbs including Higher Heel Crescent thumbs_up.gif. I want to thank the older couple we met on Tangled Up In Blue. We were going climb it, but they were already gearing up to do it. They said, "why don't you do Air Guitar". I said, "I've never lead a 5.10a trad route before". They said, "It's easier than TUIB". "Really?", I said, "I've done TUIB before and it wasn't all that hard". So I went and led Air Guitar and they were absolutely right, it wasn't that hard. thumbs_up.gif

We saw Lucky and his crew cleaning up after the DMB mess. He da Man! thumbs_up.gif

Next time you go try...

272 - 5.8 double cracks in left facing corner. Left crack is tips to fingers. Right crack is 4" to 2". Very nice route. Here is looking up at it...

55047.jpg

Theresa's Lingerie - Really nice 5.9 handcrack. Starts out a bit wide, then slims down to 2" with another 4" buldge near the top. Good jambs at the the crux.

55048.jpg

I didn't care for the 5.10A crack between them. Chunky, and mostly face climbing. Not very good jambs.

Sex Party is known to be the best 10A at Vantage. Unlike the other 3, it is full column height (80 feet, or so), so bring lots of hand sized pieces. You can toprope Lingerie (11d) off the same anchors.

• 3 weeks later...