Scarpa Freney XT opinions

rhyang

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a pair last year primarily for water and glacier ice and they preformed well (at least I can't blame my boots). But I've started wearing them for alpine climbs too - wore them on on a three day peak bagging trip this weekend and had no problems. I can't hike very far in my plastics and I can hike all day in these. Warm enough, light enough, dry enought - what more can I say?

There are two models and I have the stiffer one - I think that is the XT

I have Freny XTs Love um. I have about a year and a half worth of use in mine. So far they have held up great. They have been plenty warm in spring and fall. In the summer I have liked them in the higher alpine with a cooler sock. Scarpa does use a wider last for making them Mine fit snug in the heel with a fair amount of toe box space If you have a "standard" foot they might be a little wide.

Cool, thanks. They seem great in the toebox, but for the life of me I couldn't tighten the laces up enough to eliminate the heel lift, and for me that always means blisters.

change of subject: I've read that Sportiva makes some ice-climbing boots with medium-wide toes & narrow heels, so I guess that's the next thing to try. Anybody with K4S or Lhotse (new style) ?

Thanks, I wish those Trango boots fit my wide toes.

Was also thinking about the Asolo Summit ... if they fit anything like the Asolo Titan (which reportedly is not very durable), then that would be great. I have also read that the Summit is not very warm... but then if it's that cold out, I'll be wearing plastics anyway.