Boneheaded move...

Allright, so I'm trying to downclimb this nasty steep, scree filled narrow gully when I reach an 8 foot over-vertical drop-off that I've gotta get past. Already worn out from a full day of bushwackin I don't feel excited about downclimbing with the pack on. So I decide maybe I can drop it the 8 feet and it will come to a nice easy stop in the scree. Yeah right! shocked.gif It plummits about 200 feet, tumbling down and smackin everything in its way hard. After I retrieve the thrashed threads, I take a look inside and inspect for damage. I then notice this cam with a permanent offset in the shaft. So the question to you rock monkeys out there - is this something to worry about, will BD fix or what? I know they're designed to bend, but stay bent? hellno3d.gif

Of course I'm also thinking if it hit this hard to put a permanent curve in the shaft, maybe there's other less obvious damage in the metal...

4282Bent_3-med.JPG

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

heh sounds like the classic phrase heard when people are downclimbing the west side of asterix pass at smith. "I'll just drop my pack down there". yellaf.gif Luckily there is a fence there now, but more than one pack has made the trip to the river.

Hey john was the the only thing that got trashed from that fall? I thought everything would be toast when I saw that sucker coming down. By they way might be hitting city of rocks around the 9th-11th on next month let me know if your interested.