Jefferson current conditions?

markseker

Our team of Jeff first-timers is planning to climb this weekend via one of the popular routes such as Jeff pk glacier, whitewater or even the sw slope. We don't see any recent TR's here.

Anyone have route condition information less than two weeks old?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was down at Jeff park last weekend camping and skiing. Here's a pic of the upper Jeff Park Glacier:

1585JeffParkGlacier-med.jpg

Plenty of snow still at Jeff Park but you can find a bunch of sites that have already melted out. Some pretty sweet skiing too.... hahaha.gifcool.gif

Nope. The boot track up the glacier is pretty obvious though and looked like smooth sailing. Not sure what you'll find after that. The summit pinnacle looks like it still has some ice on it. If you PM me your email I can try to send you the pic in a higher res where the line is clear.

we climbed the JPG route from Whitewater TH as a day trip on June 25th. The knife edge was a little icy but should be totally melted now. The pinnacle was mixed ice and crap snow--should also be easier now. Made a 30m rap off the summit to avoid downclimbing the crux...

Three of us summited via JPG yesterday (Tuesday). I'm sure one of us will post a TR today or tomorrow. In short, the JPG itself was straightforward. Easy to skirt the schrund on the right side. The KER was completely dry. We had soft, mushy snow across to the summit pinnacle, which itself still has lots of soft, mushy snow.

I just loaded some pics into the gallery. And again, someone will post a TR soon.

Edited by DonnV

DonnV - Nice summit and photos, thanks for the current beta! Interested in what gear and ropes were needed for your team of ? folks. If included in your TR, then nevermind. We have team of three and are thinking of two 30m x 8mm, packing one only for use on rap off summit.