• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Hook

joffre

Has anyone been up lately, if so what are the conditions of the n face couloirs. Cornices? Or am I just kidding myself and it is still slurpee all around. thumbs_down.gif

i would imagine they are turning into nice neve judging by all the melt of the last few weeks and freeze thaw north face action.

I was hiking up to Tszil Mt. with my friend on Sunday. I showed him entrance to Joffre Enhainment.

Joffre from lake looked dry but you can't see much from that point(?). Matier Glacier looked nice! I never climb in Joffre and I will do something soon.

I can tell you for sure that Rex Pillar's West Ridge is very dry and North Culoir of Tszil is in perfect condition. I linked both in 2001 and situation was very bad. Now, North Culoir is absolutly beautiful! Not even small crack in the snow. Smooth and nice! Great place to bring beginer climber or just enjoy solo climbing.

Z

i dont think there are cornices left ANYWHERE. they fall off when it gets hot.

"they fall off when it gets hot. "

Thats what I am worried about.

Thanks for the info, any one else been up there lately? Really want to minimize my chances of failure on such a stellar weekend. wave.gif

Real failure will be if you don't go. Honestly, I can't see you will have any objective obstacles to complete your plan. Weather will be perfect and for sure you will have fun. Please, bring camera and post something here. Will you?

Z

"they fall off when it gets hot. "

Thats what I am worried about.

Thanks for the info, any one else been up there lately? Really want to minimize my chances of failure on such a stellar weekend. wave.gif

it was hotter than hell 2 weekends ago and they were mostly gone by then anyway. chance they are still around in july on a low snow year is marginal. have fun.