Guided Expedition to Ecuador Question

hohm

I am considering taking a trip to Ecuador this winter, and am looking for the best guide company. Mountain Madness, Alpine Ascents International, and American Alpine Institute all offer winter trips to Ecuador. Does anyone have suggestions as to which company is the best, or are there other recommendations besides these ones?

Thanks,

Jon

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could always fly there and hire your own Ecuadorian guides, if you're feeling extra adventurous. I paid $140 for a two-day guided climb on Cotopaxi, when I was living in Quito for a while. The guide service was Moggeli, and the guides were registered with ASEGUIM (translates to Association of Ecuadorian mountain Guides).

Safari Adventures is in Quito, you can probobly work out a better price with them or another ecuadorian guide service. American guide services are really expensive comparitively--go local. I went down with a friend and winged it...had a great time and had somebody from Safari drive us around...

Thank everyone for the responses! Based on all my research, (and a few key PMs from this site) I am going to use Mountain Madness. Their reputation seems to be stellar, and the timing fits. I cant wait to get down to Ecuador!!