WTB: MTB cheap/relatively cheap...

Eerie

looking to spend under $200 for a 17" mtb.

I've been browsing the pawn shops, please help me not support thieves...

ok, ok. i'll be honest. i want a cheapo to do a single-speed conversion on to see whether I like it or not before dropping the heavy coin on a custom. all i have is a bmx and it is already ss..don't have and never have had a mtb otherwise it'd already be converted.

thanks... Eerie.

Edited by Eerie

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say thanks to the folks who posted leads for me. I've got a lead on a good bike. If all goes well I'll be tearing up St.Edwards on wheels instead of shoes later this week.

Beck, why not buy back unclaimed stolen bikes? I agree those bikes should probably be donated to some program for kids and low-incomes. However, not every municipality has a program like that.

Oh yeah, REGISTER YOUR FRIGGIN' BIKES...

If the police need more money, let them have a krispy kreme sale.

I think it is wierd that police get the benefit from stolen and siezed property like that. If the money was distributed to municipalities and used for city programs, i'd be okay with that.

But it probably goes into cop coffers. lets them set up more bicycle speed traps on the Burke Gilman.