Snow Lake June 7-10th, 2000

dmiller

Think the ski season is over at Snoqualmie Pass? Not quite. Being a trail runner I'd normally be into my trail running by now, not this year. I figure I can run and then ski. From the Alpental parking lot it's only a 30-40 minute jog on the Snow Lake trail which is basically snow free, only a few small patches, until you hit the ridge. Once on the ridge your on continuous snow all the way down to the lake. Not much vertical but, easy access. Feeling the need to tour more you can ski patches of snow that range from 300-500 vertical feet towards the other side of the lake and towards Gem Lake. Snow is fairly consolidated, with light to moderate sun cups. Figure on at least another good week of skiing in this area. Easy way to get a 5 mile trail run in (2.5 miles to ridge) and get some turns in as well I've averaged 5 laps a day at 300-400 vertical feet a pop. Folks, leave the Burke Gilman, Tiger and Cougar Mountain and all those crowded city parks behind and come up to the mountains and make some turns. I'll keep skiing till the snow runs out!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif I can't stand the city: Roadrage, stress, bosses, traffic, crime, etc, etc, Who needs that madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifI escape it when I'm not at work! laugh.gif

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic