Sacred Wilderness

Leo

Sacred Wilderness is in its second year of community-driven transformational adventure. Would be great to have some CascadeClimbers join us for these backcountry journeys that emphasize wilderness activities as a means to explore body, mind and soul. Embracing the natural world as a place of wonder, awe and insight, participants are engaged in diverse array of outdoor experiences, including high alpine hiking, yoga, forest meditation, and wilderness art. The Sacred Wilderness experience draws from a wide variety of activities and each trip is centered on a particular theme. Exploring the natural world as a mirror for ourselves, this unique community experience teaches us to become more present in the moment, allowing our creative instincts to emerge through physical challenge and spiritual awakening.

I invite you to get involved in this exciting new community endeavor, either as a participant, leader, or curriculum collaborator. We are in the growing stages and welcome everyone’s individual talents and inspiration. Full trip details are available at http://www.sacredwilderness.com. To reserve a spot, please email leo@sacredwilderness.com or call 206-683-6685.

2004 Experiences

Sacred Wilderness: The Five Senses / July 23-25, 2004 / Central Cascades, Washington

Gather in the Cascade mountain range where a cluster of alpine lakes will be the amphitheater for exploring each of the five senses – sight, sound, touch, smell, & taste.

Sacred Wilderness: Thinking Like a Mountain / August 20-22, 2004 / North Cascades, Washington

Join us for a high alpine community backpack through the dramatic North Cascades. Peering across jagged peaks and immense glaciers, we’ll contemplate the majesty of these mountains as metaphors for our minds.

Sacred Wilderness: Transitions / September 24-26, 2004 / Goat Rocks Wilderness, Washington

Usher in the change of the seasons and the golden splendors of fall colors as we venture out for a weekend of yoga, wilderness art, and community conversation.

Upcoming Events

Open House and Slide Show / 6 pm Friday, June 25 / Art of Wellness in Seattle

Come learn more about the Sacred Wilderness community and upcoming trips!

Introduction to Backpacking Class / 7-8:30 pm Friday, June 25 / Art of Wellness in Seattle

This one-night workshop covers the skills essential to enjoying the wilderness backpacking experience and is intended to prepare inspired hikers for Sacred Wilderness. The course covers equipment, clothing, packing, and where to go.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an avid climber myself. In fact, one of the primary reasons Sacred Wilderness exists is to provide a more intentional and spiritual aspect to being in the alpine world. Longer term goals would be to have a climbing-focused set of Sacred Wilderness trips (think dharma talk at base camp before climbing and a post-climb yoga session), but we are starting with a wider cast of potential participants to get the community rolling. In addition to climbing, we've also been tossing around the idea of a fly fishing focused weekend. Welcome your input about more climbing-specific curriculum.

Sounds far out, but we're more into climbing than backpacking, but there likely will be some interest.

What "WE" are YOU talking about?! Speak for yourself. Especially if you are not even going to address the question. wave.gif

I'm an avid climber myself. In fact, one of the primary reasons Sacred Wilderness exists is to provide a more intentional and spiritual aspect to being in the alpine world. Longer term goals would be to have a climbing-focused set of Sacred Wilderness trips (think dharma talk at base camp before climbing and a post-climb yoga session), but we are starting with a wider cast of potential participants to get the community rolling. In addition to climbing, we've also been tossing around the idea of a fly fishing focused weekend. Welcome your input about more climbing-specific curriculum.

This sounds interesting. I did not get past 5.10 until I discovered Zen - the discipline of clearing the mind of all extraneous thought allowing the inner being to flow through any trial or endevor. It is what StarWars called "The Force". Tibetan Bhudists call it Chi Ghong. Climbers were using the technique centuries before C4 rubber.

leo. dude! that stuff sounds righteous. i can carry in a boom box and get some thumping tunes going to gets the ladies in the groove. if you know what i mean. or maybe just starting a kickass tire fire at the trailhead would be better --at least on my back. but i would only need to carry those bigass d batteries one way. i will probably give the second trip --'thinking like a mountain'-- a miss cause frankly that sounds like total bullshit. i mean not even bong loads would get me to believe 'the majesty of these mountains as metaphors for our minds': you know minds are mushy and mountains arent. wtf?

see you later leo. i go by my rainbow name 'moondrizzle' sometimes too. wave.gif