Rainier Climbing Partner

jason_a

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that could work out. I got a response from another guy, so let me see what materializes in terms of dates. But otherwise I'd love to. I went up Rainier last summer via Ingraham/DC. In combination with very little sleep, rest and acclimating, I was saddled with bad altitude sickness from Muir to the top. So I'm hoping for a more pleasurable experience this time. What's your email so we can talk more?

I know the feeling, two years ago I was sick the whole trip. at the crater i went straight to sleep dredding the trip down. Its a heck of alot better when youre feeling well. If this date is better give me a post. out

Edited by wally

Carlos,

Could be possible, I dont know how much room is at Schurman I heard it is filling up. Did you go with a guide service last time? Cuz I am not guide status. I just like to walk up big hills with a load of crap on my back. If there is room for you at Schurman, you can tie in to my rope as long as you promise not to pluck my scrawny but off the hill.

still interested?

out

Still very interesed. Last time we did not go with a guide. Regarding room at Shurman, I will call the rangers, but I was planning on taking my tent and camp out around Shurman. Believe, I don't have no intention to pluck any but off the mountain.

So, do we have a deal?

Yeah I think it will work out. I will most likely be on Rainier That Saturday morning around 9:00. we can communicate more the closer it gets. Are you flying in from NYC and planning on being in the neighborhood for a while?

out

My name is Sean. I am looking for a partner/team to join to climb both Rainier and Shasta this summer. I am a former RMI employee and have some experience on Rainier, in addition to some hook ups in Ashford (Basecamp). I am a strong individual and will not be a liability on the rope. Would prefer to climb in July or later. Email me at ndcrew10@hotmail.com... Thanks.