rock up deer creek road (mt loop)

shapp

On the deer creek road, anybody been up to the slab that is strait west of the last 90 degree hook in the road before you get to the Kelcema lake trailhead? Is it choss, doen't look to bad from the road. Looks like you could get 3 to 4 pitches in a few places.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a map of the general area. The Viking Horns are on the ridge crest just east of Long Mountain's summit (Pk 5113). Due west of the last switchback at 2,834 ft is Bald Mountain's East Peak. Perhaps you were a little out of kilter on what you thought was west. Perhaps you were looking SSW or even south from that switchback toward the cliffy protrusion immediately SE of the red Section 12 label.

344564-Vikings%20Horns%20area_sm.jpg

5a1a55af37d48_344564-VikingsHornsarea_sm.thumb.jpg.9a8a4941d499e495eb2c0f2ca7aa1cd6.jpg

Not out of kilter, I was at the switch back at 2834-ft and was looking at Bald Mt. Mark hana PMed me about this and I think I will have to go scramble up it when the snow smelts. Thanks for the info. Anybody scambled up the SE Face?