[TR] North Twin Sister- west ridge 4/15/2004

cfire

Climb: North Twin Sister-west ridge

Date of Climb: 4/15/2004

Trip Report:

Two of us went up the North Twin yesterday. We had crap weather, but who cares on that route. The rock on the ridge is fairly clear of snow. Getting to the ridge is a bit of a slog though. We got a view for about 15 seconds from the summit, then it closed back up for good.

If you have a key to the gate, don't bother with the bikes as you can only get about 3/4 of a mile up the old road before snow. Snowshoes would have been helpful, ski's even better. There was a couple of inches of fresh snow.

The ridge climbing was fun as usual, even with the snow blowing up our arses the whole time. The decent down the north face was ok. The base layer was fairly stable, but there is a surface layer that sluffed. We were really careful about not cutting the slope and didn't waste time.

What a great foul weather route for early season. Have fun.

Approach Notes:

Take ski's up to where the climb starts on the ridge. You can ski down the drainage and the slopes are fresh.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd be able to get up about 2-3 more miles before cutting a right onto the other road after the snow melts. I'd second either take a bike or skis (depending on season). I'd never do the route without one of the two again.

No, you can make it past the road blocking boulders on the un-used road about 3/4 of a mile. I usually have access to the gate key therefore no 3.5 miles of logging road to hump up. I couldn't get ahold of it on late notice.

When you get locked in and have to search for a key to get out, make sure you get a copy before you return it wink.gif