Backcountry next weekend (27 or 28)

ken4ord

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dave,

What would you be into hitting? Also is there a one day that is better than the other? Right now I have tenative plans to hit Crystal one day and then the other I want to be in the backcountry, but as which day I am doing what, that is still up in the air.

OK so far I tentative plans for heading down to Cyrstal on Sunday with my buddy. He has to check with his boss and see if that is ok with her since her mother's birthday is around then. So Saturday would be the day to hit something up. Any suggestions as to where to go?

while, if you're going to Crystal there's the Snorting Elk? bigdrink.gif

I'm sorry, is your question about Backcountry or skiing at a resort?

but a good all day backcountry ski tour up by Crystal is to head up to Bear Gap, run the ridge south as far as you want, and drop back to the road in Bullion or Pickhandle basins or all the way back to Norse Peak and suchnot... if west slopes are bad, ski east slopes of cement basin or...

have a nice ski!

while, if you're going to Crystal there's the Snorting Elk? bigdrink.gif

I'm sorry, is your question about Backcountry or skiing at a resort?

but a good all day backcountry ski tour up by Crystal is to head up to Bear Gap, run the ridge south as far as you want, and drop back to the road in Bullion or Pickhandle basins or all the way back to Norse Peak and suchnot... if west slopes are bad, ski east slopes of cement basin or...

have a nice ski!

The question was if anyone wants to hit the back country. So far it looks like we are hitting the back country on Saturday, then Sunday I am riding with a friend of mine at Crystal, thanks for the info on Crystal though.