ATTN Petzl Reverso Owners...

bellemontagne

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried twice and all i could get was an ache in my butt while I watched the download get hung.......

What was the advisory about? Perhaps a bit of insight on how to lower an incapacitated second after they have fallen since the thing is self camming when rigged directly off an anchor?

I don't think Petzl shows it but if you girth hitch a 3 foot runner to the larger loop, the one equivilant to the keeper loop on an ATC, and weight it with your foot you can slowly release the camming action much like the arm on a GriGri and lower them.

It is a bit of a pain, but the ability to belay directly off an anchor without a munter and the easy tie-off make it a pretty cool toy!

Or was Petzl just trying to warn us that they are now making the Reverso in the same godawful pink as their Calidris harness. "do not look directly at it during daylight hours, may cause permanent eye damage" [hell no]

Yeah, that would be it.....Thanks for the link, that is a cool site. Perhaps I should stay inside and surf more.... wink.gif" border="0

Pretty intuitive, the actual warning from Petzl. I quit using 3mm double ropes in my ATC a while back because they had a tendency to slip a bit grin.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Yeah, that would be it.....Thanks for the link, that is a cool site. Perhaps I should stay inside and surf more....
wink.gif" border="0

Johnny,Ohh the humiliation, grin.gif" border="0

But I do have to stay indoors and work for a living during the week rolleyes.gif" border="0 I wish I could go out more Im surfing this site only to drool over pictures and stories My girl told me that I look like a horny sex crazed maniac when I surf bivouac.com shocked.gif" border="0

[ 04-11-2002: Message edited by: IceIceBaby ]