rabbit ears and cobra

erik

I noticed in another thread that 90 mountaineers will be descending upon the Icicle on 4/20 so if you have to go to Leavenworth I suggest climbing the Rabbit Ears and/or the Cobra as a fun day away from the crowds.

I started writing down beta and then I thought it might ruin your experience so I won't tell you where to go. There are many ways up, some have rotten friable rock and other ways have some bomber stuff. We did some simlu-climbing, then 3 pitches up to 5.8, then a running belay along the ridge. Two weeks ago we were able to glissade off the top in snow fields hidden in the western gulley (climber's left). I believe this is not the best way down, rather skirt underneath the Cobra and follow ramps down. It was a fun day.

It can be cold and windy up there, bring a hat and gloves.

I took a pretty sizable whipper up there when I yarded on a rotten flake. Bring a helmet.

If you want more info send me a PM, otherwise, try and remember climbing is about adventure and sometimes you don't need to know what's around every corner. Surprise yourself.

Have a safe 4/20.

[big Drink]

[ 04-18-2002, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Matt ]

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic