Tele Bindings

ScottP

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hakioawa said:

Anyone heard any info on the NTN?

There were a couple good articles about NTN and some early testing on Telemarktips.com, but I can't seem to find them. There was also an article in Couloir or Telemark Skier about it last year.

The design concept is that the attachment point will be under the ball of the foot, which gets rid of "tip-toe" feeling that many people struggle with. The general discussion was that it'll probably be a couple more years before its ready, and it'll take even longer for it to significantly penetrate the market. The duckbill will be around for awhile.

Paul Parker is working with boot manufacturers in Europe to coordinate the shared development of the NTN, a difficult consensus to build

it will probably get phased in over several years, like the switchover in avy transceiver frequencies.

some kind of a melding of the gusseted scarpa randonee boot and the salomon pilot skate system, is what I'm thinking it will turn out to resemble, or a linken plate, with the hinge adjusted somehow.

but don't hold your breath, 75mm NNN is the only way to tele in 2004.

but you know, the O2 was the NO 2 last year, so it remains to be seen how this goes... i think its a catch up binding, it didn't look too terribly different when i saw it. i know some stores returned it and won't be selling it, instead selling the O3 rather than O2 or both.

voile 3-pin cable is a very laterally retentive binding and is redundant against failure. Definetly best on the uphills (by far!) when you run on just the three pins and much better for the logging road slogs out- way, way, better when your heels are not held down by a cable.

there really isn't any real argument as to what binding is best for the Backcountry IMO.