Clear Channel

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Clear Channel has been sytematically taking over the live entertainment industry (both rock and roll and theatre) and media outlets for years. It is an absolute wonder to me that there have been no legal/anti-trust constraints on their activities.

Their attempt at world domination are somewhat in line with that of a certain large local software comapny, IMO.

marylou said:

Clear Channel has been sytematically taking over the live entertainment industry (both rock and roll and theatre) and media outlets for years. It is an absolute wonder to me that there have been no legal/anti-trust constraints on their activities.

Their attempt at world domination are somewhat in line with that of a certain large local software comapny, IMO.

....absolute wonder?!?!... no wonder to me, they are in tight with Bush. I was very happy when congress defeted the change in the FCC rules that would have alowed them to gobble up more stations.

Another reason to diss Clear Channel...

Clear Channel disc jockies encouraged drivers to harass bicyclists.

CLEVELAND - Bicyclists are demanding that the nation's largest radio group be punished because disc jockeys at three stations made on-air comments they say encouraged drivers to throw bottles at bike riders or hit them with open car doors.

They say the morning show hosts at Clear Channel Communications stations in Cleveland, Houston and Raleigh, N.C., also suggested motorists blast horns at cyclists, and speed past them and slam on their brakes in front of them.

--exerpt from news story

Hmm...do ya suppose there's a connection?