Upper Wall Issue

DCramer

I was at the Upper Wall last Sunday for the second week in a row. The amount of new garbage that had been thrown off the wall during the seven days between my visits was appalling. We hauled out a garbage bag and stuffed our packs with debris. Even worse than garbage was the number of large rocks being thrown off the top. It seems as though instead of being an occasional hazard recreational rock/trash throwing is becoming commonplace.

I would like to see the WA Parks post some signs at the top of the Upper Wall and at a point or two along the access roads leading to the top. Hopefully the people throwing these items are simply unaware that there are climbers below and will stop throwing things once they become aware of how reckless their actions are. The signs might also help to reduce the volume of trash thrown off. There are more than enough dollars remaining from various fundraisers to offer to pay for the signs.

The danger zone is for the most part between the Earwax and Dana's Arch routes.

Any other thoughts?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic