FS: New Lowa Struktura AT Boots, size 10.5 - $200

JayB

Brand new, as in never used,still in the orginal packing. Got a great deal on these boots but after wearing them around inside a bit concluded that they'd be just a tad too small. cry.gif My feet are somewhere between 10.5 to 11, so if you are in the size 10 to 10.5 range these should be a pretty good fit for you.

These are the boots that Davo Karnicar skied down Everest in, so if you buy them you too will become capable of descending Everest on skis and/or Slovenian. I think that you can choose whichever option you want by pushing a small lever on the side of the boot.

Here's a review from Couloir Magazine...

"STRUKTURA

"We've never given out a boot of the year award in any category - we're still not ready to award one in telemark - but for the second year in a row, the LOWA Struktura was the best randonnee boot in the test, hands down.

The Struktura signifies the perfect marriage between alpine and AT, with super comfy features hidden in an alpine-style design. It literally tours like a slipper, with a foot-cradling feel and easy forward flex that felt like it was hinging.

This was without a doubt the best boot to walk in, with tester Jeff Claussen remarking that it felt like someone had actually made a sport shoe for skiing.

The Struktura certainly features all-sport handling in the turn, with two set forward adjustments features for dialing in your stance and a locking ski mode that noticeably changes the flex of the ankle. This boot is versatile enough to take on your tour or to ride the lifts in-bounds."

And Another from the Same Mag:

"Lowa Struktura

Hands down the most comfortable boot of the review. The Gore-Tex liner and well fitting shell provide an exceptional low volume, snug feel. The lateral stiffness and ski performance were also one of the three best of the tested boots along with the Lasers and GSMs. With a good cuff height, solid power-strap and two-piece articulating tongue, the flex is a little soft but amazingly smooth. The upper buckle gives a great tight fit around the ankle, complimenting an overall well-made system. Comfort during hiking is like a Club Med cocktail hour with a hammock ready for snoozing. Walking in this boot has a great range of motion and sport shoe feel. A locking ski mode fixes the ankle in position with two forward lean adjustments for good alpine support. This boot may be hard to find in your local ski shop. So ask around or call the company about available outlets to set up a test drive or showroom visit.

Weight: 8 lbs., 9.6 oz., Price: $450"

And a picture:

lowa-struktura.jpg

I paid $250 for them plus shipping, but am offering them at $200 so that I can move them quickly and put the money towards another pair of boots. This will surely come as dissapointing news to the folks like myself that make a past-time of searching the net for lower prices than the poster is offering here in the yard-sale, but there is nobody else out there selling these boots for less - period.

Prefer Cash/in person transaction, and can meet you anywhere within a 40 mile radius of Seattle. May also be willing to ship and take a check depending on who you are. Respond by posting or PM.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic