Mount Rainier Guiding Concession Public Meetings

Stefan

Mount Rainier may be separating the monopolistic guiding by RMI.

I encourage everyone to go to the meetings to understand the history of what has happened, and maybe to voice your opinion if you agree or disagree with what has happened with the guiding company opportunities on Mt. Rainier.

Is has been my experience that if you show up at Yakima, Ashford, or Tacoma you may be able to speak becuase less people show up at these locations.

Here is the article from the Seattle Times telling the dates:

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?c=1&slug=rainier29m&date=20030829&query=rainier

The commercial guiding services plan for Mt. Rainier:

http://www.nps.gov/mora/current/park_mgt.htm#CSP

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to at least one of these meetings. I hope they reduce the number of guided parties or at the least the number of clients going up a particular route all at once. Those RMI wagon trains suck. Last weekend I set up my telescope to observe Mars from Sunrise and watched the RMI guys heading to the summit I counted over 20 people in my narrow field of view. They create this unholy bottle neck.

I also wonder if the park serivce is going to take over the guide house, cook house and bunk house that RMI has been using all these years. I read the guide house needs major work to it. If so, I wonder if RMi is going to pick up the bill?