• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
chris_w

New outdoor Manufacturer?

Some canadian co-workers came down this past weekend and I noticed an interesting shoe manufacturer? Are they entering the market? Did they have items at the expo in Utah? What's your thought?

shoe.jpg

Do you get a free subscription with a purchase?

Coast Mtn Sports in Vancouver has been selling that stuff for over a year now. I think it's just hiking boots, but anyways they look a wee bit crappy to me.

Most likely National Geographic has licensed their name to a Canadian shoe company and they are selling them in Canada only. It's not uncommon for well known brands/companies to go around to different industries and try and license the use of their name for some extra cash. Sometimes it's the other way around and manufacturers approach the brand so they can license the name because they think it'll sell. Usually these licensees have nothing to do with the brand other than they are allowed to use it for a fee.