Paul_Certa

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Paul,

I've always been told that climbing along Tim Pond wall was "strictly verbotten" even without the falcon closure. Got that some time ago from John, the resource manager there at Oak Creek Game Station (it's been a number of years, like 10 or so.... things change...?). He couldn't ever give me a real reason why, and I gave up befoire I pissed him off so that he'd go easy on me later during the falcon closures. You planning on doing something up there? huh?

...sobo

PS: My bank statement sez that you haven't cashed my check for the FCCC yet. Didja get it?

Sobo,

I ran into a couple of WDFW Officers at Royal Columns two weekends ago and asked them about climbing on the cliffs by Tim's Pond. They said that rock climbing on those cliffs was ok. They also said to check the falcon closures because they won't close access on a preventative basis - they will wait until evidence of nesting is found.

I have heard that more then ten years ago there may have been discussions with John McGowan (the WDFW Oak Creek manager) about not developing Tim's Pond.

I have also heard from another source that WDFW doesn't want people climbing there because that is were golden eagles nest - an unwritten rule.

So for the time being, I have been putting in routes elsewhere.

Kevin gave me your FCCC dues form in July. I assume that he passed the check on to Steve to deposit.

Paul

Paul_Certa said:

I have heard that more then ten years ago there may have been discussions with John McGowan (the WDFW Oak Creek manager) about not developing Tim's Pond.

I have also heard from another source that WDFW doesn't want people climbing there because that is were golden eagles nest - an unwritten rule.

So for the time being, I have been putting in routes elsewhere.

Sounds like the same story I got years ago. Nothing's changed, then. Can't climb there, no rule says so, just them. Oh well. rolleyes.gif

So where have you been putting up new stuff? Goose Egg? Or not in the Tieton?