THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Dru

"Enemies tend to forget offences committed against them and a carefully aimed insult or provocation is occasionally necessary to keep them in a satisfactory state of bilious indignation." -Alastair Brotchie, "A Book of Surrealist Games" thumbs_up.gif

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the applicability of the first quote cited to spray is of course the reason i quoted it.

in this light the trollers, especially adamson and borbon, also dan -, may be considered as surrealist exemplars. perhaps especially dan -, whose actions have not ceased to incite the same responses over a period of almost a year. obviously the game is not yet played out laugh.gif

MisterE said:

Dru said:

"A Book of Surrealist Games" thumbs_up.gif

Q:How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb confused.gif

A: Fish! fruit.gif

Surrealism, such as I conceive of it, asserts our complete nonconformism clearly enough so that there can be no question of translating it, at the trial of the real world, as evidence for the defense. It could, on the contrary, only serve to justify the complete state of distraction which we hope to achieve here below. Kant?s absentmindedness regarding women, Pasteur?s absentmindedness about "grapes," Curie?s absentmindedness with respect to vehicles, are in this regard profoundly symptomatic. This world is only very relatively in tune with thought, and incidents of this kind are only the most obvious episodes of a war in which I am proud to be participating. "Ce monde n?est que très relativement à la mesure de la pensée et les incidents de ce genre ne sont que les épisodes jusqu?ici les plus marquants d?une guerre d?indépendence à laquelle je me fais gloire de participer." Surrealism is the "invisible ray" which will one day enable us to win out over our opponents. "You are no longer trembling, carcass." This summer the roses are blue; the wood is of glass. The earth, draped in its verdant cloak, makes as little impression upon me as a ghost. It is living and ceasing to live which are imaginary solutions. Existence is elsewhere. - A.B. wave.gif