Mt McLoughlin?

shakrmakr

Hello,

I'm going to be in K-Falls next week, and I was interested in climbing Mt McLoughlin. I've never climbed it before, and I'm not an experienced climber, but in reading descriptions, it looks like a fairly straightforward slog. Has anyone climbed it lately (or ever) and could give me any info on current conditions or pointers? Any and all info is appreciated.

Thanks much.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only climbed it once a few years ago in July I think. The ridge is very easy, with no rope needed. There were some sweet corn shots to be had on the faces. Its a piece of cake. Bring your skis if you've got 'em. Don't know if the ridge is still covered with snow ... doubtful.

So what - is this Smoot guy a total knob or something? I'm kinda new to this, so I've only seen his name pop up a couple times (usually followed by some creative terms) yellaf.gif. That's cool, I have the maps and I've read plenty of route descriptions, but I guess nothings better than experiential knowledge. Thanks for saving me from getting Smooted. pitty.gif