lummox

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What a spectacular weekend!!!! fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Climbed in the mornings and evenings all 4 days of the w/e. Played in the water and sun the rest of the day! No place particular grand but managed to hit 4 different places over the course of the w/e. Exit 38, Granite Point, Vantage and Little Si.

So the new place is worth it? Heard some good things from people. Shoulda gone last week!! Maybe give it a go next week. Roadtrip anyone? wink.gif

minx said:

So the new place is worth it? Heard some good things from people. Shoulda gone last week!! Maybe give it a go next week. Roadtrip anyone? wink.gif

castle rocks is very nice. really just adds more rock to the city of rocks. but its lower elevation and about to get stinking hot.

Submitted my paper to Science on Thursday, took a day to celebrate on Friday by touching real rock for the first time in 7 (!) months. Arrived at Private Idaho at Index at 8 am sharp, sweating profusely. Lead "Senior Citizens In Space", felt great -- lead head is still there. Then, suffered my way up "Battered Sandwich", my first OW lead. Took me probably 45 min. Then wandered up to Hag Crag to find some shade, and found plenty of moss. The "splitter" crack looked fun, if we could get to it, so I led up the first two bolts of the scrubbed slab climb "End Run", then tensioned across the moss to the crack, only to find it totally covered in grit and lichen, and wider than my gear. Back to the slab, which was fine until I hit the rock warmed by the noon sun -- bye-bye, friction. See-ya, ethics -- pulling on draws and standing on bolts got me to the top. Not pretty. Back to the lab for the afternoon. What a great morning! rockband.gif