Hyalite

Distel32

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be a bummer but...it's going to take more than, even a 4-wheel drive to get up into Hyalite right now. It is stupid to take an automobile, a snowmobile is the best thing. We were up climbing in Hyalite yesterday and there were no less than 30 (yes, that's right) cars, in every direction on the road, in various states of being stuck. It will be a shovel-fest to get up to the dam, and even more fun gettting to the Grotto parking lot. There were two cars that made it all the way to the parking lot and even if you are able to stay in the ruts, you'll have to stop to help others dig out, to get past them. If there is ANY on coming traffic...you're hosed.

I strongly dislike snowmobiles, but without it yesterday...well, it still took us an hour-and-a-half from the lower gate on the 'bile -

Good luck, the climbing is good - if not a bit avalanche prone.

Dude if you want to just stay around Seattle area I'll climb with you anywhere you want to? smile.gif I'm free on Saturday and on Sunday! I want to climb so hopefully we can figure something out! I have those pics to show you too! They're tight oh and Squamish was bad ass! The weather was a little cold but it was no big deal cause we were climbing! smile.gif