available spots on Fairy Mdws hut trip Mar. 22-29

pete_a

Hi all,

A group of my friends and I have all twenty spots reserved for the Fairy Meadows hut in the Adamant Range for the last week in March.

As of last week we've had some folks bail out on the trip at the last minute leaving us with several open spots.

As I am very cautious about inviting unknown skiers onto our trip, I ask that you are from the Pac. NW, that you have substantial backcountry experience, are an advanced-expert skier, and wouldn't mind meeting with, or better yet skiing with some of our trip organizers so you can see if we are all relatively compatible.

The cost of the trip is approx $465, and it must be paid prior to the trip. It includes the heli flight to and from the cabin and the use of the cabin, but not food or transportation, we are not hiring a cook or guide.

Most of us on the trip will be carpooling from the Puget Sound area up to Golden a day or two before we fly in on the 22nd.

If you are interested or have any questions, please feel free to email me directly.

Many thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, avy danger is a major concern, thats why we are hoping to get folks who are equally safety concious. There is good tree skiing around the hut though if avy conditions to do permit skiing high in the alpine. Our trip is still almost two months off...plenty of time for avy conditions to change for the better.

More info can be found here:

http://www.alpineclubofcanada.ca/facility/fairy.html

The heli flight is arranged by the alpine club of canada... I do not know the name of the air service.