• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Rishabh

Mt Baker/Crevasse Rescue Check

Two climbers looking to get more experience in the alpine, with the goal of climbing the major Cascades volcanoes this summer. We skied Mt Adams this past weekend and are attempting Mt Hood this upcoming weekend.

We have been practicing glacier travel and crevasse rescue, but looking for someone who wants to spend a day on/send Mt Baker with us to double check our skills. Planning on next weekend (06/15-06/16). Will pay for gas and beer.

We are in the Seattle area.

Would you be free June 19-20, June 24-26, or July 6/7? Would be happy to help and climb Baker. 

Send me a text at 305-608-4006.

I'm in Bellingham and would be interested in hitting Baker this weekend, especially if it's on skis (I know the Squak was still skiing yesterday). Was up there a few weeks ago via CD. Wouldn't say I'm a crevasse "expert" but I know what I'm doing and am happy to get in some rescue practice and earn another summit and some turns along the way.

Let me know - 7three2 977 three488

Mike