Old Gregory expedition pack - $35

Terminal_Gravity

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21...so I guess it is old enough to be a drinking buddy.

It is size large and has removeable stays that you can customize to your back. I have no idea what model it is but I do know that it was top 'o de line for the period. It has dual axe straps, load adjustment straps for your hips & shoulders and straps on the sides for extra stuff or compressing the load...all standard today but pretty inovative in '82. I have used it on only 3 expeditions and probably a dozen small trips. I used to walk bleachers with 125 pounds of rice stuffed in it for training and was comfortable. It carries loads very well but is not so wide that it interfears with shoulder movement. I think I have a couple of Gregory expansion pouches that you could have as well. If I remember right it cost me $260 (that's over 500 adjusted for inflation). I bought it for a trip to Peru and the Himalayas. It weighs about 7 1/2 pounds and is dark green. The only real problem is that some of the waterproofing has delaminated. I did remove some of the fluff to save weight. It has always been stored dry.

If you want a big load hauler how can you go wrong at $30??? (that's 1/3 the price of a similar sized duffle) I can deliver it to PDX.