POSITION: Retail Ski Tech
DESCRIPTION: Oregon Mountain Community is the premier retailer of Alpine Touring (Randonee) and Telemark gear in Portland, OR. We offer our customers a full service ski shop for all of their mounting, tuning, and repair needs. We're looking for someone to fill a full time position as our ski tech for the 2007-2008 winter season.
A qualified candidate will have at least one year's experience working in a ski shop or the equivalent thereof. A basic understanding and interest in these two ski systems is a must - we will bring you up to speed on the latest innovations and developments in the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to detail and ability to process several tasks in an efficient, independent manner.
- Able to use independent judgment in determining customer needs.
- Willing to assist others and work as a team member.
- Must have knowledge of the basics of ski tuning, ski repair, and binding mounting.
- Be able to innovate and provide creative solutions to customer problems.
- Must possess a general love for the sport.
- Full time with an hourly wage.
- The chance to work semi-independently, under your own supervision.
- An opportunity to work with a highly motivated and fun staff.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Email: (preferred method)
Oregon Mountain Community
2975 NE Sandy Blvd.
Portland, OR 97232