You're Invited--fundraiser for injured skier

Aaron  Riggs

YOU ARE INVITED! Fundraiser, Party, Celebration for an injured friend

Our friend Steve Greenlaw from North Bend, WA crashed into rocks skiing at the Mission Ridge ski area in February. He fractured his pelvis so bad it detached from his hip and caused internal hemorrhaging.

After 3 ambulance transfers and a plane ride to Harborview--Steve received 5 rods and 1 plate in his pelvis. A big thank you goes out to the surgeons who prevented paralysis and preserved the delicate sacral nerve in Steve's body.

Also a big thumbs up to Dave Perkins who was skiing with Steve. Dave kept his cool, administered first aid, got help fast, and assisted in getting Steve safely off the hill.

Steve has insurance but his bills from this injury are horrendous. He'll be unable to work for as long as a year. Steve is an iron worker, not a desk-jockey like many of us, so his physical fitness is crucial for him to earn a living, pay his mortgage, bills, etc...

Guys & Gals, Steve is like you--he's a climber, skier, cyclist and dreamer of adventures. He has the strength of many, but now he needs a little help from his friends and community. Our goal is to raise $30,000 to help offset Steve's bills.

Please come enjoy this party/event/fundraiser for a GREAT cause. See old friends and make new ones. Come one-come all!

Here are the details:

A FUNDRAISER FOR STEVE GREENLAW

When: May 5, 2007

Where: 23211 SE 53rd St, Issaquah, WA 98029

What: Auction, Live Music, Food, Raffle, Texas Hold Em, Massage Table, Caricatures, Jewelry, Sale, Quilt Sale, Raffle, Senaria Sale, Bake Sale

Auction Goods--Check out this stuff to bid on!

Brand new ski equipment donated by Pro Ski

Season Pass courtesy of Mission Ridge

Season Pass courtesy of The Summit at Snoqualmie

2 Deluxe memberships to Mount Si Sports & Fitness

Landscape Services, tree removal, and excavation services

Holiday lights home decorating service

Restaurant gift certificates including The Melting Pot and Sport Restaurant & Bar

If you cannot attend but want to make a donation, please send checks to:

Steve Greenlaw: 14230 119th Pl NE, Kirkland, WA 98034

Please contact Steve's Mom if you want to donate an auctionable item or service:

Jana Cross: Tel 425-825-0810, Cell: 425-445-5243, Fax: 425-814-3814

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

The star of the party

steve_top_prow.jpgSteve_s_X_Ray1.jpg

Heading up Mount RainierSteve_Greenlaw.jpgPerkins_Gorski_Greenlaw1.jpgGreenlaw-PerkinsOnWinthrop.jpg

Smile! You're skiing the slot!Slot--Smile_.jpgSlotCouoirSteve.jpg

Edited by Aaron Riggs

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Aaron for posting this. I was with Steve when it happened and it was a terrible event. I know just about everyone here has no idea who Steve is b/c he doesn't post on this site. Well, he doesn't have a computer. He is one of my closest friends and we ski, sport climb, alpine climb, ice climb, or Mt. bike together at least 4 day a week. He enjoys nothing more than being out in the mountains doing all the things we love to do. Like Aaron said, he does have insurance but no income. He just got out of his wheelchair 4 days ago but still needs a walker b/c he can't bare weight on his left leg for 6 more weeks.

Here are some more pictures of Steve.

Thanks for your interest,

Dave

steve3.jpg

steve2.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

7-10-6_005.jpg

Edited by ilookeddown

Hi again,

If anyone wants to make a PayPal donation https://www.paypal.com/, Steve has an account set up now. Please use this email address:

davidc3840 (at) comcast.net

I hope you will come next Saturday between 2pm & 10pm: 3211 SE 53rd St, Issaquah, WA 98029.

It's Cinco de Mayo and it will be a blast. Live music, food, and a great party.

Thanks, Aaron

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who came!

I talked to Steve's parents and they've raised approximately $9,000 so far!

People are still donating items for an ongoing ebay auction (thanks to those who have contacted me about donations)

Thank you "you know who" for the 2 sets of skis!!!