Looking for partners on Mt. Rainier this summer

nwbriggs

I am looking for a couple of people that are going up Rainier this summer and wouldn’t mind someone from the flat lands of Michigan tagging along with them.

I have some experience, I made an attempt on Humphries Peak in AZ in the winter a couple of years ago, and went up Rainier last summer with RMI, we were turned back at 13,200 because of the weather.

I want to get back out there this summer and try to get a summit!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be interested. I have made the summit once via Ingraham Direct route and turned back once also at 13,200 on the Emmons route. I used to climb with my brother, but he has moved back to Montana. I have also climbed Mt. Baker, several other peaks in the cascades, and spent 4 weeks in the Alaska Range. In short I love climbing and need to figure something out for my next adventure. I am not too hardcore at all and just like the experience more than anything. I live in Seattle and everytime I see "The Mountain" I want more than anything to go back up. I would like to hear your route plan and hope that you are not going guided on this trip. Let me know...Rob (a mountaineer)35 years young

I will be out in the area from June 6-11 and planning a climb via the gibraltar ledges route, or the kautz glacier depending on conditions. I summited via the kautz route last year. As of now I am looking for some other people. pm me if interested