Help teach my nephew!!

BeckyJo

Helllooo!!!!

I'm a new(ish) climber (many times in a gym, and then recently 15 days spent in Smith Rock). I've recently purchased my own gear, and although I've been taught anchor building/cleaning, mostly I was just climbing… and could use some practice to get really comfy with the overall culture.

The pressing issue…. I reaaaaallly want to teach my nephew climbing (he's 13) climbing. I'm taking him camping this weekend (May 31) for his first time ever, and a climb would be awesome!! I'm leaning towards taking him to Ozone (I'm going out there today to checks out/identify the routes), there seems to be some 5.4/5.6 climbs to get him started.

I would LOVE if an experienced climber would come along (Saturday, May 31) to help show me the ropes ;)!!! Please let me know if you would be interested and about yourself!

Thanks!!

Becky Fromm

305-495-3095

www.thebloomwoods.com

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are just top roping easy routes there isn't a lot to learn when you already know how to setup and clean anchors.

However if you try anything more complex than simply top rope from bolts you might want to have some idea of how to deal with emergencies such as escaping the belay.

If you are going to be responsible for the safety of someone else you should be completely sure you know what you are doing.

+1 for hiring a guide as mentioned above