• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Raoul Duke

[TR] Baker - More Heliotrope 11/11/2013

Trip: Baker - More Heliotrope

Date: 11/11/2013

Trip Report:

As of Monday, road continues to be in good shape (just a touch of snow in the last half mile), trail is clear, and the hogsback provides some icy skinning. Good snow started above 6,000, and despite being thin and slightly sun and wind affected, it skied very well and I had a fine time running a few laps under the mostly cloudy skies.

I meant to get a shot of the Colfax ice routes to post, but never made it over that far... the Coleman had much bigger cracks in it than I wanted to negotiate by myself! I *think* I saw the curtain on the Cosley-Houston, and if I did, it needs a little more time.

Great to be back on the skis!

DSC00974.jpg

DSC009991.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

DSC01011.jpg

DSC01016.jpg