What? No overnight parking at Timberline Lodge?

leora

(I realized that the subject line didn't quite get at the nub of the issue, so changed it. The rest of the post is the same.)

The signs have all changed at the Timberline parking lot. I don't know when it happened, but I noticed it this last week. All of the "overnight parking" signs around the perimeter of the parking lot have been removed, and at the climber's registry, there are signs that say that there won't be any overnight parking from November 1st to some other date that I can't remember - possibly sometime in March. Does anyone know what this is all about? And do you know where one *can* park overnight if spending the night on Mt. Hood?

leora

Edited by leora

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhhh hell no.. bump. anyone have any info? would love to hear the nit and grit if this is a change, legal standing, etc.

Is that upper parkinglot a state lot? federal? does timberline lease it? snopark pass do the clearing, or is tline snowcats taking that over? etc. i'll raise some stink about this if its a move to try to reclaim 25 spots~ for skiers by trying to bounce out overnighter bc'ers.

i know you can park overnight at the lot at the base of tline road on 26 by the ODOT yard. And cooper spur snowpark at 3800 on the NE side, and the bennet and barlow pass snowparks..

The Timberline folks responded via email to my query about this situation, and I received the following information from Skiserve :

"We have verified with the parking lot manager that overnight parking is still along the concrete barrier next to the parking lot shed as it has been in prior years."

Why the "overnight parking" signs have been removed, and why notices have been placed in the Climber's register to the contrary, have not been explained, but I've decided to take these guys at their word. Maybe I'm just somehow misreading the notices? I'll take a picture of one of them next time I'm there.

leora

It turns out that the person who communicated the above now understands why I was asking the questions - sees that the overnight parking signs don't exist, and saw the wording on the notices in the climber's register. She'll be doing some further investigation and get back to me by Friday or so (due to everyone's different schedule).

leora

Skiserve responded with the following:

"I spoke with Harold, the signs are currently being replaced so he will have them back up when they get here. Overnight parking is along the barrier next to the little shed in the parking lot and anywhere else the new signs are posted but for sure along the barrier wall !"

So, we can just ignore the notices in the climber's registry that say that there is no overnight parking in the main lot after November 1st.