Sinister from South -> Dome beta...

alpine et

Anyone have any experience they'd like to share regarding ascending (or even just getting past) Sinister Peak from the south (via Garden glacier?). I'm hoping to approach the Ptarmigan traverse (south->north) from this direction, and being that we'll have nice heavy packs want to keep it as easy as possible. Only bit I've picked up so far is that the south face is 300' of class4 from CAG...but am a bit unsure of linking up the traverse to Dome. If this were just a climb I'd just go explore, but given that we'll invest lots of time and set up a car shuttle, I'd like to make sure there's a reasonable chance it goes....

sinister_map.png

sinister_aerial.png

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, wayne and i took that way to put up Gran Torino on dome. if your plan is to stay on the ridge crest it should go. that wall below Sinister is sweet. screw the traverse and put up some routes on that. the approach sux ballz. if you can bypass the ridge below sinister by going through a pass just below and left of your up arrow and get back on just to the left of your left arrow. we downclimbed that ridge up dome and it should be a shit ton easier going up it