[TR] Darrington - Total Soul 5/6/2013

chadwalker

Trip: Darrington - Total Soul

Date: 5/6/2013

Trip Report:

So, there's a good sized rock fall blocking forest road 2060 about 2 miles from the 8 mile creek trail, so definitely plan on a bit longer of an approach.

Snow covers the first pitch so we kicked steps and started up the line directly to the right of Total Soul (snow was lower) for two pitches then rapped 30' and left to the top of p2 anchors of Total Soul. Climbed pitches 3 and 4 following the dike, some great slab climbing all around and fun finger pockets in the dike on p4. Like they say, bring a few pieces for this pitch, and your #1 has never seen a better placement than the one that comes at 35ish feet from the last bolt. At the top of p4 we decided to bail because my partner said his downturned bouldering shoes were too tight (go figure).

Will be going back out there next week to fire it again...

Great quality rock. My first trip to Darrington and I was in awe.

Gear Notes:

9 Draws, 2 ropes, small rack of cams Blue metolius-#2 camalot. Few slings. Sunscreen!

Approach Notes:

Add 2 miles to approach and descent due to rockfall blocking Forest Road 2060. Total approach 1:15

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic