• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
elliottwill

Trad near Spokane?

I'm getting married near Colville, north of Spokane, in July. Any good moderate trad climbing around there? Is it best to go toward Liberty Bell or should I look for something closer? Thanks!

I am assuming by the reference to Liberty Bell that you are looking for longer alpine routes not just a day of roadside cragging. Check out Harrison Peak and Chimney Rock. Both are up in the Selkirks of northern ID and both have moderate multipitch trad routes on them.

Congratulations!

If you're looking for something adventurous, consider the Lion Tamer route on Lions Head peak.

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1025757/TR_The_Lions_Head_Lion_Tamer_7

It's the best alpine rock climb in the Idaho Selkirks by a long shot. Harrison Peak and Chimney are fun if you're looking for something short and less commiting.

Moderate trad craging of decent quality is non-existent around Spokane proper. Hard sport climbing is where Spokane shines. If you're willing to clip bolts check out Marcus or Metaline - both very close to Colville.