Group camping sites or shelters in Washington

mountainmatt

Sometime next summer I will be getting married to my long time girlfriend in Washington. However, with the cost of wedding being ridiculous, we were thinking it would be fun to have the wedding in a large group camp site or a shelter. That way we can save money and still have a good time. Despite knowing Washington fairly well, I am finding it hard to actually identify a site that would work for this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A few requirements:

There should be room for the party about 60 people?

There should be room for people to camp after the reception about 30 people?

We need to be able to drink alcohol

Ability to play music without police coming by or annoying surrounding campers

Needs to be somewhat near a town for family that will require a hotel

We need to be able to reserve it in advance

Bonus, but not required:

Awesome mountain view

Power for lights, running water, etc.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out Lake Wenatchee State Park. Mid-80s in the Summer, but stays cool right on the lake. Great recreation in the area - hiking, fishing, boating, floating the Wenatchee river with a couple cases of beer is a blast. There are a ton of rental cabins in the area too. Groceries available in Plain (20 minutes), Midway (5 minutes) or Leavenworth (30 minutes).

If you're in the busiest part of the season, you may have trouble with noise annoying other campers, as the group sites aren't far removed from the rest of the camp (if I recall correctly)

Good luck!

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=lake%20Wenatchee&subject=all

Group Accommodations:

The park offers a group camp that accommodates 20 to 80 people. Only tent camping is allowed in the group camp. Fees vary with size of the group. To make a reservation, visit online or call (888) CAMPOUT or (888) 226-7688.