Petzl MyoXP headlamp faulty wiring

jeffwesley

I bought this headlamp about a year ago from REI for 80something bucks and I loved it up until it stopped working about a month ago. One day when I turned it on it flicked off about 30 seconds later and didn't come back on. Several attempts proved the same result. I brought it back to REI and the girl at the counter said she'd seen several brought back for the same reason. It seems to be a faulty wiring connection where the battery wire enters the lamp fixture. I loved the light so much when it worked that I decided to go with another one and hope it works better. Also, I'm not too worried about getting screwed because of REI's guarantee. The new one has the upgrade of being programmable which allows you to preset light levels for efficiency or high output and lets you choose between different flashing sequences. I also noticed an extra plastic ring where the wire enters the lamp, so maybe they've fixed the problem. Anyone else having any problems with this?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had that problem w/ the original Myo XP. However, I've had enough issues with Mammut and BD lamps as well that I generally just use the one with features that I like and figure that it'll be expendable. Just my way of looking at it. My current favorite is the Mammut TX-1, but I've got a half dozen others that see duty.