MH hardshell and softshell choices for alpine.

wetslide

So I'm not going to explain why but I have $300.00 credit at MH. I've checked out their line of jackets, and have come to the conclusion that I wanted to get the trinity jacket. It claims to be a 100% waterproof softshell with all the alpine features. Anyone have experience testing it? No reviews exist online as far as I can find.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an owner of two Dragon jackets. I'd swear by them. If the Trinity replaces the Dragon.... then I'd go there. The problem I have with the Trinity is that its a full waterproof layer. I don't know what the breathability would be like on DryQ. Better than the last generation, but is it a good climbing jacket? Go check it at the store downtown - they should have it this time of year... MH store is your best bet.

So I buckled under pressure when they didn't have the Trinity jacket in stock and went for the tunnabora. Definitely on the other end of the spectrum in terms of an external shell. Light weight minimalist shell jacket with climbing features. Problem is, I've never used a minimalist shell before. How will this work for someone who is really tough on gear? I mean, not like stepping on them with crampons every time out, but someone who uses their gear often, and not always carefully. Thoughts? I'm specifically looking for people who have used this jacket or a very similar one in alpine conditions over a period of time. (again, no reviews were found online).