Lost Canon G10 Camera on The Tooth

Valhallas

I was out climbing on the south face of the Tooth today when my camera, in it's Lowepro case came unattached from my pack and fell out of sight. I was at the top of what I think is the second pitch, right at a tree that starts the rambling third pitch. The tree has a piece of yellow tubular webbing and a piece of 7mm blue cord looped around it. The camera fell off to climbers right, in a fall line that would take it approximately to the bottom of the descent couloir from the base of the south face route (not pineapple pass). I turned in time to see it rolling down the snow, and since I was on lead without much pro, could only watch - I checked around on rappel to see if it hung up on something, but was unable to locate it near the point it fell. Searching below what seemed like the obvious fall line produced nothing either.

If you happen to want to rap starting from that tree in the obvious fall line, it might be found. Then again, and more likely, it's probably buried in snow and won't be found until it's a decrepit and rusty POS in the summer. Oh well, lesson learned.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days