Please use Google +1 and Social Buttons

jon

Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask everyone to consider check out some of the new social features we implemented in our recent upgrade. These features include Twitter and Facebook share buttons, and today I've added the new Google +1.

Why use these?

It's a great way to share your own or others trip reports with your friends etc., as well as anything you like on here. Help get the word out about contests or events.

How does it help cc.com?

It helps us because things like Facebook and Twitter are increasing being used as ranking factors for websites. The better we rank in the search engines the more we can invest into this place.

I think most importantly, Google will be using their +1 feature pretty heavily to determine site ranking and search results. By taking just a few seconds to +1 our content you really help us out.

I always want to remind people that YOU are cc.com. Yes there are a few geeks here behind the scenes that keep servers and software working, answering emails to help with lost passwords etc. It's you that makes this place so great though. These few small things really will contribute to the success of cc.com.

Always feel free to drop us a line with questions, comments, or suggestions. We'll even take criticism in manageable doses.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days