President Bush's trip to the Vatican...

bellemontagne

quote:

The pope is not reacting to a botched speech- he is in very poor health.

No duh!! But, the image does make the perfect setup for a joke.

I keep thinking that scandel after scandel will rock the Catholic church and cause positive changes in the Church. Being a Christian with no particular denomination, I do have respect for Catholics and some respect for the Pope. However, like you Dave I have MAJOR disagreements with Catholic theology, doctrine, and politics.

After everything that has happened recently, I am beginning to wonder if the church will ever change for the better. Personally, the only way change can be forced upon the Catholic church is through the parishoners' wallets. People need to stop giving to the church until certain changes happen and certain people step down (which is beginning to happen in some areas). People also need to sue the FUCK out of the church any time some scumbag priest does anything inappropriate. Do you know how the Southern Poverty Law Center helped to bring down the KKK? They sued the hell out of them, so tthe KKK went "bankrupt" so to speak. The same thing needs to happen to the Catholic church. When an organization thrives off of power (power=money) the only way you can bring that organization down is to take away its money. The only problem is is that the Catholic church is one of the most powerful organizations in the world. It's no wonder the church has been around for so long.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic