hub motel

laurel

I'm going to Smith Thanksgiving weekend, may not be able to convince climbing partners who do not own 10 pounds of feathers that it's a "dry cold" and that it will warm up over the next week (Monday night's low is supposed to be 14).

The Hub Motel looks like the best deal, has anyone stayed there? Not expecting much for $48, but is it gross?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I stayed there once. Maybe I'm a hotel snob--ok, I am--but I found it had a "grungy" feel(not quite"gross", but it's a fine line). Fluorescent lighting, bedspread with cigarette burns, ancient TV, etc. However, for the price, it's better than camping in the cold. If I had to stay there again, I'd bring my own bedding, at least. Not that it's horrible, but my nice clean flannels and down would have probably made it feel less icky.

On my next trip, I stayed at the Best Western on the other side of town. :tup:

stayed there regularly up until like 2 yrs ago when there was some in-family power struggle/ownership modification...apparently some cousins of the owners started running the front shop & so the regular price needed to be renegotiated for every stay (i suspect they were skimming off the top) :) ..this additional pita factor made it not worth it anymore.

I've never found the place dirty (but maybe I'm just a filthy animal?) - basic, simple, old, but OK. again, my info is 2 years old. shit - maybe it's a 4-star resort now?!!