Rappel a skyscraper to support Special Olympics WA

Ashley at OTE

Over the Edge allows you a once in a lifetime opportunity to rappel down a skyscraper in the heart of downtown Seattle while raising funds and awareness for Special Olympics Washington.

Space is limited for this unique event. On August 14, 2010 be one of the first people EVER to pledge to raise $1,000 and go Over The Edge in support of Special Olympics Washington. As an added incentive for your early response, we are discounting the registration fee from $100 to just $50. The registration fee goes towards your fundraising minimum so you are already on your way to the top of Rainier Tower!

Special Olympics Washington will set you up with your very own fundraising website and provide all the help you'll need to start collecting pledges. The money you raise will help Special Olympics Washington provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.

Space is limited for this event. For more information or to register visit Over the Edge

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we need our own life insurance, or will insurance for the day of the event be provided? Would that be at our own cost or at SOW's cost? Can we use our own gear if we want to? Didn't see answers to these questions on the OTE site. Is there a FAQ?

Although I'm not a fan of rappelling simply for rappelling's sake, Special Olympics is definitely a worthy cause, and the event happens to fall on my son's birthday, so I would be in the area already to visit him anyway.

From pictures on their website it looks like it's the uber safe, full body harness, steel hardware, fat ropes set-up.

Rapping is kind've a chore anymore, but doing it off a building downtown (in the middle of the day, without having to worry about running from the po-po) sounds like fun.

And definitely a worthy cause.

Yeah, I saw that set-up on their homepage, and was just wondering if you had to use that, or if you could use your own stuff. I'm way more comfortable using my own stuff instead of some honkin' ginormous set-up upon which I have not been trained and am not familiar.