Rab; Latok VS, Latok Alpine

RokIzGud

Ok so I’ve been looking at both the Rab Latok Jacket and the Rab Latok Alpine Jacket. Theres only about a $40 price difference between the two so I’m kind of stuck. Do you think one is better than the other? Has anyone used them? What do you think? I heard the eVent fabric was pretty nice. Thanks!

Edited by RokIzGud

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Latok Alpine. I think it's a great value. It's very simple, which I like, and it feels like a sensible balance between being light and being tough. I got mine at Feathered Friends before they started selling the heavier version. For $300 it is not quite the impeccable tailored fit of Arc'teryx jackets, but costing 60% of the price of an Alpha LT I feel it is more than 80% as good.

At first I thought I would miss having pit zips, but over time I have found the jacket does fine without them. The Event fabric has kept me dry with no complaints. The chest pockets are huge and having a zippered interior pocket has come in useful. All in all a clean, simple, jacket with no bling that does the job I want it to.

If you want a jacket made from Event with a fit (and price) closer to Arc'teryx, the Westcomb stuff felt pretty nice.