[TR] Joes Valley and Little Cottonwood Canyon, Utah - 12/2/2009

alpinebumm

Trip: Joes Valley and Little Cottonwood Canyon, Utah -

Date: 12/2/2009

Trip Report:

We started our trip out at Mary's lake outside of Orangville Utah. The only route that we tried there was Dirty Blond WI4 in what we thought were thin conditions, the bottom was brittle and the top was soaking with plastic in the middle.

DSCF1922.JPGDSCF1926.JPG

We then went to Slide Lake and climbed the northern light a 1200 foot WI2

DSCF1949.JPGDSCF1971.JPGDSCF1969.JPG

Then we put up a couple of routes that are possible firsts they were both in avalanch gullys that had very little snow in them, we climbed one at 1400 feet of WI2 and a lot of snow slogging and post holling. I wouldn't do that one again with a WI3 pitch as the "crux" then we summited out on the "hill" and traversed to the gully the other climb was in and rapped in pulled the ropes and put up another WI3 pitch 60M. We named the first High hopes and the second Far from plastic due to the 0 degree weather and shitty ice conditions.

DSCF1978.JPG

DSCF1984.JPG

Thos were pics of High hopes these are of far from plastic

Then we approached Deadbolt a 3000 foot WI5 and got turned around on the crux pitch or the beginning really.

DSCF1988.JPGDSCF1987.JPG

Then we approached Deadbolt a 3000 foot WI5 and got turned around on the crux pitch or the beginning really.

DSCF1998.JPGDSCF20011.JPG

then we got on the grest white icicle 650 feet of WI 3 this was the 5th time that i've climbed it and it was way fat mostly ice and less snow slog then the other times

DSCF2006.JPGDSCF2007.JPGDSCF2011.JPG

Approach Notes:

Love bushwhacking like a redneck hunting grouse, in slide lake anyways

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

nice! how long was the hike to slide lake? Worth it?

We were there for a day when you were there. Musta been some cold campin'!! We tr'd the shit out of donorcicle. Deadbolt didn't look in from the road - neither did ccc falls. Was ccc in?

LCC was having some great early season ice. Too bad I've had a f'in cold for a month now. wtf?

We didn't look at either the Dorncicle or ccc so I don't know. The campin was cold -15 one night but little to no snow. The hike to slide was chill we got to drive all the way to slide that seemed rare to me, we walked the trail into slide like 5 times so its pretty beat down. Hows' the stairway in past the second pitch yet?